What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, usually in text files, that are placed on your computer to record information about you and your activity on our website.
There are 4 types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – Without these cookies our website would not be able to function properly. Most strictly necessary cookies are session cookies and are deleted once your leave our website.
- Performance Cookies – Performance cookies are generally used for analytics and statistics gathering. They collect information about how you use our website, such as pages visited, visit durations etc.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies are designed to enhance your personal experience on our website by remembering choices you have made.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies – These cookies deliver adverts targeted to you and your interests. They may also control the number of times you see a particular advertisement and also measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
Within these 4 categories above, cookies are also subdivided into:
- Session Cookies – These are temporary cookies used for the duration f your visit to our website. Once you close the browser these cookies automatically stop. Session cookies are used to improve the user experience whilst visiting our site and prevent you having to re-enter information.
- Persistent Cookies – These are stored on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies remember information for your next visit to our website.
And also into:
- 1st Party Cookies – Placed on your computers by our software.
- 3rd Party Cookies – Placed on your computers by other software.
Most, but not all, 3rd party cookies rely on the user having an active login or account with the third party service.
Cookies Used on This Site
The following cookies are used on this website:
- PHPSESSID – strictly necessary session cookie. We use this cookie to confirm that we have received your submission on any of our forms.
- cookie_notice_closed – this persistent performance cookie prevents you needing to close and hide the cookie notice on every page and every time you visit the website.
- wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in_ and wp-settings – These strictly necessary session cookies manage are used to manage your view of the website.
- woocommerce_cart_hash and woocommerce_items_in_cart – Our shop is powered by WooCommerce, which uses these performance cookies to remember your shopping activity and save you having to refill your cart as you navigate around the site.
- _gat, _ga and _gid – These performance cookies are used by Google Analytics to uniquely identify website visitors and to manages performance at busy times.
There are additionally a number of third party cookies used on our website:
- Google’s Captcha (the tick box that determines you are human) places cookies on your computer, but does not gather any personal information.
- We also display videos on the website through our YouTube channel. YouTube is part of the Google Corporation and technology suite. Details of cookies used can be found here.